Some time ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award for the second time since I started my blog. Shortly after that I was nominated for the third time. I put this off for sometime so apologies to Small doodle with great love and Mama Bear Musing for the late response. Both bloggers are very talented and deserve a visit when you get a chance. As for the award I have to admit that I am not a big fan of them, I do not mean any disrespect I would just rather spend my time writing about other things. Since this was a double nomination I decided I would respond with my own twist, I realize I am breaking most of the rules but I hope it is enjoyable none the less.
Thanks to the two people who nominated me;
Post eleven random facts about yourself. x2
- I have three kids ages four and under.
- I did not get my college degree until I was 27.
- I am four years older than my wife.
- My favorite color is blue.
- My wife and I will celebrate five years of marriage.
- If I do not know you well I prefer that you do not touch me.
- I have worn glasses since the third grade.
- I am allergic to cats, mold, dust and tree pollen.
- I have taken the military entrance exam and scored near perfect.
- I have never traveled outside the USA except one trip to Mexico.
- I want to visit Ireland with my wife and kids.
- I like to hunt and I am an excellent marksman.
- I have never had a broken bone in my life.
- My favorite alcoholic drink is Jameson neat, I can get it I would take an aged Irish whisky
- I have seen things.
- I know all of the words to “Magic Dance” by David Bowie.
- I was born before 1998 and I liked Episode III, deal with it.
- I am a man-child and I love it.
- I love to talk politics and religion, talk to me about education and I get touchy.
- I do not like anyone to touch my face.
- I love musicals to the point of being ridiculous, if I could sing I would be in one.
- I still plan on trying out for a play someday.
Answer the eleven questions asked by the person who nominated you.
These questions come from Mama Bear Musings:
( Small doodle with great love passed on this one.)
1. Where are you from? (Be as specific as you wish.)
2. How long have you been blogging? (You may include and list other blogs besides wordpress.com)
I have been subjecting others to my words for three years this March.
3. Why do you blog? What is the purpose of your blog? (Answer one or both, your choice.)
I blog because I care, my blog is dedicated to serving those of geek desires.
4. Are you a published author? If so, please leave a link where we can find more information on your book/books.
I am not a published writer.
5. Do you enter writing contests? If so, please tell us about them.
I have not entered a writing contest therefore I have not won any.
6. What genre/genres do you write?
I would not be able to place my writing in a genre so I guess that would make me a special interest writer.
7. What are your hobbies?
Lord where to begin, I guess I would put technology and art at the top of the list.
8. Who are your favorite authors? (List as many as you wish.)
- Patrick Rothfuss
- Neil Gaimen
- Timothy Zahn
- Stan Nicholls
9. What kind of movies do you like?
For the most part I enjoy sci-fi and fantasy film, but I have been known to enjoy documentaries and musicals.
10. Do you have any blogging/writing tips that you would like to pass on to beginning bloggers/writers?
I would write what you know and are passionate about.
11. Any quotes/sayings/words of encouragement that you would like to leave us with?
Pass the award on to eleven other bloggers and be sure to notify them of their nomination.
I will not pass this on to 11 x2 bloggers, If it means that I am not worthy of the award that is fine. My reason is that I enjoy responding to these to some degree but it takes time and it also takes away from writing about things I really have a passion for. I think there are many talented writers out there and I will share about them when I feel the timing is relevant.
Write eleven new questions for your nominees to answer.
Since I am not passing this I will not create 11 questions for nominated bloggers. Instead I will give readers five questions to answer in the comments as they see fit.
- Where were you in the 80s?
- What was the best cartoon ever?
- Ewoks or Gungans?
- Muppets or puppets?
- What would your super power be?
Thank you for reading,